- The Mississippi Braves will host the 2007 Southern League All-Star Game. Ominous headline: “Southern League’s Best to Visit Mississippi.”
- Dustin Evans, one of the Braves’ 3 second-round picks in this year’s draft, was called up Rome for an emergency start
- The newest Braves, the 2006 draftees, are starting up their season (something the guys in Atlanta would like to try again). SS Robert Fontaine jumps to Danville and High Schoolers Cody Johnson, Adam Coe, Cory Rasmus, Chad Rodgers and many
Lots of mid-season changes throughout the system. By now you should know that Scott Thorman is up and Chuck James is on the way, but there’s more happening lower in the system. Here’s the low-minors lowdown.
- Several Pelicans were sent
The independent minor league Shaumberg Flyers are turning all managerial decisions over to fans. That means lineups, pitching changes, the works.
Why not the Braves next? Ownership could fire all off-field staff and save a bundle. And heck, we’re all … Finish Reading
Draft picks can be a lot like lotto tickets: some picks are scratch and win, giving quick gratification but low rewards; some are like the powerball, giving you that one-in-several-million chance at riches. Here’s a recap of some of the … Finish Reading
Here’s hoping the Braves draft somebody helpful.… Finish Reading
- Richmond put Anthony Lerew on the 15 day DL with a lower back strain. I’m not sure if the injury is the cause of his bad start to the season or if his bad start is reason to put him
Scott Thorman was a hot 3B prospect when he was selected as the Braves’ first choice in the 2000 draft. After six years and a move across the diamond to first, he’s still considered a prospect. Playing in Richmond this … Finish Reading
I’m planning to write some player profiles (a la Mac) of the top prospects in the system. I’ll start with one of the top pitchers: the struggling Anthony Lerew.
Lerew was drafted out of high school as the 345th overall … Finish Reading