Few top free agents = big money for those few guys = Rafael Furcal as a Cub or Met?
Suggested topic: Which statement would most excite Andruw Jones?
1. “Andruw, you’ve been named National League MVP!”
2. “Andruw, they’re reopening the Gold Club!”
Open thread. Suggested topic: Stupid Astros!… Finish Reading
This isn’t a formal player analysis, which I’ll do closer to the start of the season. Just taking a closer look at Wilson Betemit…
I was one of Betemit’s bigger … Finish Reading
(Plus the last thread’s getting long.)
Last year the Braves started the season with two old bench players (Eddie Perez and Julio Franco) and three rookies (Ryan Langerhans, Pete Orr, and Wilson Betemit). It’s an unusual combination, to say the … Finish Reading
The list of candidates I came up with yesterday was:
- Guy Hansen, former Royals pitching coach, now the pitching coach at Richmond.
- Bruce Dal Canton, former Braves pitching coach, now the pitching coach at Myrtle Beach.
- Mike Maddux, Brewers pitching
Rosenthal often reports things as fact that are not done deals. Leo may, for example, have an offer from the Orioles which he’ll give the Braves a chance to match.
Nielsen Media Markets, National League East:
Rank City Name
1 …. New York
4 …. Philadelphia
8 …. Washington
9 …. Atlanta
17 … Miami-Ft. Lauderdale
Sucks being the Marlins, huh?
The Mets have to … Finish Reading