Leaving aside the MVP stuff, Andruw’s season is going to stand out in the team record books.
- As you know, with 45 homers he is two away from the franchise record of 47, currently held by Eddie Mathews (1953) and Hank Aaron (1971).
- He is projected for 132 RBI, which would tie the Atlanta record currently held by Gary Sheffield (2003).
- He’s moved from ninth to seventh on the franchise career RBI list this year, passing Billy Nash and Bobby Lowe.
- He’s moved to ninth in the franchise career walk list, and will tie Rabbit Maranville with his next one (probably an intentional walk with LaRoche on deck). Two after that would tie Darrell Evans for seventh, fourth in Atlanta.
- He’s now third on the franchise career HBP list, after Tommy Tucker and Jeff Blauser.
- He’s moved from eighth to fifth in career sacrifice flies.
- He’s now tied for ninth in career intentional walks with… Mark Lemke?!?!? (I guess that’s what happens when you hit eighth for ten years.)